Groundsperson / General Handyperson
Minimum 30 hours per week
The Heritage Hotel requires a practical and self-motived person to carry out a range of grounds and maintenance work within our beautiful 4 hectare property.
Applicants must be fit, reliable and be keen to develop their existing skills. They enjoy working outdoors (in most weather) and as part of a team. As the work is physically demanding, a good level of fitness and health is required.
You must be able to work unsupervised. You will also be required to work some weekends and occasionally after hours on call to carry out emergency grounds work.
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in the general upkeep of the hotel and grounds
- Operating and maintaining a variety of machinery including ride-on-mower, chainsaw, hedge trimmer
- General gardening, planting, pruning, landscaping
- Assisting with maintenance, painting and repairs
- Rubbish removal from hotel areas
- Upkeep of swimming pool
- A full, clean New Zealand driver's licence
Applicants must be New Zealand citiizens or residents, or hold a valid work visa.