Minimum 20 hours a week
Do you want experience in a busy hotel kitchen? Is food your passion?
The Heritage Hotel, a 4.5 star hotel in the tourist town of Hanmer Springs, North Canterbury, is looking for a creative chef to join our busy kitchen team.
We need a creative professional, with good culinary skills and high food presentation standards for this hands-on role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation and cooking of food for guests in Isobel's Restaurant plus conferences and weddings
- General kitchen steward duties
- Maintaining high standards of food safety and hygiene
Key skills include:
- Relevant qualification or experience as a chef (1 year minimum)
- Good knife skills
- Able to work rostered shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- A passion and a flair for great food
- Able to work under pressure and to work unsupervised
- Excellent organisational skills
- A good standard of English
Above all, you must be motivated, have a positive attitude and have a passion for food. In return for your skills and effort Heritage offers great staff benefits such as staff meals on shift, dining discounts and accommodation discounts at Heritage properties.
If this sounds like your ideal opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens, have proof of NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.