Conference and Events Assisstant
Minimum 30 hours per week
Heritage Hanmer Springs is a 4.5 star hotel located in the glorious alpine spa village of Hanmer Springs, just 90 minutes north of Christchurch.
We are looking for a Conference and Events Assistant to work in our busy Heritage Hanmer Springs team. This is a part-time position we are hoping to fill as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will have very good attention to detail and the ability to organize and work with the Food and Beverage team to deliver the best conference experience for our guests.
The key skills required for this role include:
- A great organiser, with an eye for detail and creative flair
- Positive personality
- Fun yet professional outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills - experience on Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Flexibility - Be prepared to work a seven-day roster (5 days on, 2 off) including weekends and evenings.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out the daily conference administration duties
- Working with the F&B team to ensure smooth daily conference operations
- Co-coordinating client requirements to ensure the smooth running of events
- Assisting service for functions and weddings as required
- Assisting with set-up and breakdowns for conferences, meetings and weddings as required
This dynamic position would suit a hard-working and dedicated individual, who is comfortable dealing with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds. The successful candidate will be well presented and professional, preferably with previous conference expereince in a simlar role however, training will be provided for the right person.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent staff benefits such as staff meals, dining and accommodation discounts nationwide and a robust recognition programme.
Applicants must reside in New Zealand and either be New Zealand Citizens/Residents, or hold a valid New Zealand work permit.