You will be a professional chef ready to take on the next step in your career. You might have an interest in plant based cuisine? But you will be passionate about creating good food!
You'll receive great staff benefits including staff meals, uniform and complimentary hotel nights!
Why Work For Us
A career at Heritage Hotel means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our group. Heritage Hotel Auckland is one of Auckland city's most recognisable historic landmark buildings, the iconic Farmers department store building. Being part of Heritage Hotels Group offers you opportunities to find a hospitality career that's right for you across 19 hotels in 15 New Zealand locations.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive wages
- Free meals while on duty
- Access to staff discounts with preferred providers, including hotel room nights
- Laundered staff uniforms
- Training & career progression
- Great place to work!
About the role:
We are looking for a professional and dedicated Full Time Demi Chef to uphold our level of service that will exceed the expectations of our guests and Hectors Restaurant.
You will have passion, knowledge, skills and dedication looking for your next step in your career.
This is a full time role therefore applicants must have good availability as shifts will be on a rotating roster. Breakfast shifts can start as early as 5am and late shifts can finish around midnight so having good availability and being able to work a rotating roster are essential.
Key skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Four to five-star hotel or other reputable restaurants is advantageous
- Strong and relevant experience as a Commis ready to take the next step in your career
- Experience in a la carte, buffet and conference dining will be highly regarded
- Candidates must hold a formal Chef Qualification
- Proven ability to work under pressure and organise your assigned section and ensure it runs efficiently